Thank you for making the SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit a success!
“The SelectUSA Summit is all about business. It’s all about connecting investors with communities. We want to open that first door to making an investment here in the United States. Clearly, our investment climate is strong. America is open for business.”
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker
The Summit sold out, with more than 1,300 participants, including a diverse mix of global investors, U.S. economic development organizations, government officials, U.S. companies, and business associations.
- 654 international participants from 60 different markets, representing 456 foreign or multinational firms.
- More than 200 representatives of economic development organizations (EDOs) from 48 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa and the District of Columbia.
- Many more joined virtually: 7,216 unique visitors from 109 countries watched online live.
- More than 70 U.S. Government officials and staff from 16 different agencies were there to answer questions from investors and EDOs.
- Hundreds of meetings were scheduled in advance through the Summit’s online matchmaking platform, and hundreds more took place on the tradeshow floor.
The Summit featured high-level speakers from business and government:
- President Obama and five Cabinet Members: Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of the Treasury Jack Lew, Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez and U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman.
- Governors Bill Haslam of Tennessee and Jack Markell of Delaware, Senior Advisor to the President Valerie Jarrett, Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling.
- Corporate leaders such as Laurence Fink of BlackRock, Daniel Doctoroff of Bloomberg L.P., Douglas Oberhelman of Caterpillar, Inc., Andrew Liveris of Dow Chemical Company, Eric Spiegel of Siemens Corporation, and William (Bill) Simon of Walmart U.S, among others.
Missed the Summit? Find links to articles, speeches, photos and videos in our Reading Room.